Ideally located to explore the spectacular beaches and fantastic native bush walks of both the Whangarei Heads and Tutukaka coast. Deutsch Français
Discover Northland using our diving, walking and travel expertise in English, Swiss-German, French and Spanish or relax in your comfortable lounge and garden. Get as excited about Whangarei and Northland as we are!
Our Bed and Breakfast location is scenic and central! Share our gorgeous private views over the Whangarei valley. 2 minutes driving to supermarkets, pubs and cafés, walking distance to the “Subtropical Quarry Garden” and the ASB sports grounds. Free wireless broadband!
Accommodation: enjoy the luxury of your own self-contained apartment with two bedrooms, fully fitted kitchen and spacious lounge that opens into the garden with great views, next to a scenic reserve. Separate level with private entrance and parking. Self-catering rates (breakfast on request) with gradual discounts, short-term stays also welcome.
We recommend the following Northland tour itineraries:
And why should you come to Whangarei? We think Whangarei is so special because of many reasons:
- There are not many cities in New Zealand where you can see native and protected bush from nearly every point in the town centre. Even the impressive Northland Kauri trees have survived in many places.
- A short distance from Whangarei are the scenic Tutukaka Coast and the Whangarei Heads with dozens of gorgeous bays and beaches, from sheltered sandy coves to calm harbour bays to wild surf beaches, all within 30 minutes drive from our B&B.
- The Whangarei landscape is very interesting, with extinct volcanoes, magnificent viewpoints, amazing sea views, sweeping rural countryside, bizarre limestone formations, peaceful bush reserves etc.
- The 26m Whangarei Falls are the best of at least 5 other nice waterfalls in the vicinity. Of course lovely rivers come with them, where you can often find a swimming hole to cool off, spot some eels or river shrimps.
- Not far from Whangarei (Bay of Islands) Maori and Europeans first set foot on Aotearoa (New Zealand) and you can find old structures of both cultures which bear witness to those times.
- Whangarei is the warmest city in New Zealand, offering a glimpse of Polynesia, practically all tropical plants will grow here and the winters are mild with hardly any frosts, Northland is called ‘The winterless North’.
- The Poor Knights Islands benefit from warm northerly currents and are teeming with marine life in their protected reserve, offering the best diving in New Zealand and the best subtropical diving in the world - a top 10 dive spot according to Cousteau!
- Whangarei region boasts more artists per head of population than any other in New Zealand. All in all, there are over 1,000 professional artists in Northland and many art galleries for you to discover.
- Whangarei is well connected with New Zealand’s largest city - only a 35 minute flight and just 2 hours drive to Auckland.
We recommend the following ebooks:
Our Whangarei accommodation Price list
Whangarei Views Bed & Breakfast and Apartment
Deutsch Français Español
Whangarei Views Bed and Breakfast
5 Kensington Heights Rise (off 75 Russell Road)
Whangarei 0112, Northland New Zealand
+64 9 437 6238 / +64 21 263 6261
Download a PDF brochure of our apartment: Whangarei Accommodation