Every Saturday morning, 6 - 10.30am
Whangarei Growers Market
The oldest grower's market in Australasia, with up to 6500 visitors.
Local vegetables, fruit, bread, coffee and flowers.
Water Street carpark next to Forum North
Events throughout the year:
- January (1st): Waipu Caledonian Highland Games, New Year Day, see New Zealand’s finest Highland dancers, pipers & Heavyweights in action. Dancing, piping, drumming, field events, athletics, music & much more.
- January: Mid-Northern Rodeo, Maungatapere
- January: Northland Buskers Festival at the Town Basin
- February (6th): Waitangi Day, celebrating the birthday of New Zealand with lots of Maori culture.
- February: Northland Agricultural Field Days, a typical New Zealand countryside event in nearby Dargaville, with over 550 exhibitors and loads of fun activities attracting over 25’000 visitors
- February: Beach & Boat Ruakaka, lots of fun at New Zealands’ largest fishing competition
- February: Northland Mountain Bike Challenge is held in Glenbervie Forest.
- March: Twin Coast Cycle Challenge, join a great 350km 4 day ride along both the west and east coast of Northland
- March: Free Open Air Cinema
- March (alternating with a Canadian location): CollaboratioNZ workshop with dozens of leading artists and auction
- June: Matariki - Maori New Year events
- June: Rally of Whangarei, a leg of the FIA Asia Pacific Rally Championship
- July: Mid Winter Arts Festival
- October: Orchid Show
- October: Whangarei Jazz & Blues Festival
- November: International Potluck Dinner
- November (5th): Guy Fawkes Night with fireworks
- November: Whangarei International Film Festival
- November: Tutukaka Coast Snapper & Kingfish Tournament
- November: Rose exhibition
- December: A&P Summer Show, the Whangarei A&P Society's annual show is one of the biggest events held in Northland. It brings town and country together in an exciting family atmosphere of equestrian events, dairy and beef competitions, sheep and a farmyard nursery, to mention just a few of the many attractions!
- Other summer events: Endless Summer Festival with many special events, Heritage Park Bike Shows, Opera in the Garden, Quarry Garden events, horse events in Barge Park, speedway racing, horse racing in Ruakaka etc.
Whangarei Art Museum - Temporary Exhibitions
Whangarei Museum - Temporary Exhibitions
Royal Agricultural Society A&P Shows
See the best of New Zealand at one of the agricultural exhibitions all over the country, you could see prize-winning animals, lawnmower-racing, ram riding, wood chopping, log rolling, tractor pulling and much more superb kiwi stuff.